27.4.12

A mammoth day at the hospital

I feel pretty overwhelmed by all the appointments I had this week on the same day and in short here is the update!

1) No evidence of eye disease...hooray
2) Lots of blood tests taken to investigate the miscarriage (very unusual to investigate after one but due to my worsening joints they want to speed the process up at much as possible)
3) Blood tests for HLA-B27 to see if I have Ankylosing Spondylitis as an alternative to JIA or in addition to.
4) I am now off the Plaquenil and now am taking Azathioprine and Diclofenac.  I have steroids still in case I feel I really can't cope....

The day left me exhausted and in a lot of pain for the last few days.  I have had three consultant meetings all on one day (obstetrician, rheumatologist and the opthamologist) and have been bombarded with information.

No comments:

Post a Comment