17.8.12

20 weeks+1 and the scan

Today our baby is the size of a banana apparently!  Wow that's quite big really.

We had the 20 week scan the day before yesterday and saw our dear little Bear again - oh he/she was just so sweet and I fell head over heels in love with them again!  Bear was chomping on his or her hands and waving, kicking and knee-ing itself in the face (clever!).  Before we went in I said to my husband that this is the only time in my life that I hope my baby is 'average' and low and behold you couldn't get more average than our baby - literally spot on the 50th percentile for everything. All the body systems look good with no obvious problems.  Praise God!

The consultant sonographer who did the scan said just what a sweet looking baby we had and that if she could take one home, she'd take ours.  What a lovely thing to say.  I know we are biased but on the screen the baby really did look ever so sweet!

I can see the baby's kicks through my bump now which is so nice.  The baby tends to kick a lot at about 8am, late afternoon, mid-way through the evening and then when I'm lying in bed about to go to sleep.  I woke up in the middle of the night the other night and it was kicking at 4am.....Can I start a sleep routine already?!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congratulations, that's great news. Really pleased for you both x

    ReplyDelete