24.11.11

I am thankful

I am thankful for so many things.  My amazing husband who literally picks up after me and runs around like a skivvy when I can't do things for myself, my friends who are praying for me and encourage me to keep on towards both the goal of Heaven and also the aim to have a baby, my workplace however exhausting but immensely rewarding and also I am thankful for the steroids that are keeping me from being bedridden.

A handful of little white pills sloshed down with a glass of water every morning is the only thing standing between me and potentially the worst flare up I will have ever experienced.  I can only imagine how it might play out but from the snippets of what I've seen, I don't think I would be able to get out of bed due to stiffness and excruciating pain let alone get through a day of work.  This realisation has oddly only hit me today.  How grateful I am for prednisone.  If for any reason I wasn't able to take it, my life would look drastically different right now.  Yes I am in some of the worst pain I have ever been in, day in day out but on the whole I am managing.  I am still working, still sitting here typing my blog and still looking forward to the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment