29.9.12

26+2 weeks! And what a week....

I ended up in the Delivery Unit last Saturday night as I was getting bad pains and tightenings.  I tried everything I could think of but still nothing seemed to calm them down so I phoned the hospital.  They wanted me to go up straight away as they thought I might be in premature labour so off we went.  It was good to see the unit where I am very likely to deliver our baby so I was pleased for the sneak preview!  The doctor and midwife checked that the surges weren't changing my cervix and did a fetal fibronectin test - they were both fine so I was allowed to go home.  The test gives a percentage chance of delivering in the next two weeks....so I think I've got a good chance of getting to 27+2 weeks at least...We heard the heartbeat too which was reassuring despite the fact the midwife couldn't find it to start with (I could feel the baby kicking at the time so I knew there wasn't anything to worry about!).

The bump really is getting massive now but apparently you can't tell that I'm pregnant from the back at all and people say that I haven't put on any weight other than the bump.  Getting comfortable to go to sleep is not easy but we're practicing the hypnobirthing techniques every night which is good.

Today we rearranged the nursery and I am so pleased with it.  I can't wait to bring home our little baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment