3.12.16

21 weeks and 1 day

We had the 20 week scan last week and all was reported to be fine with the baby. We asked not to be told the sex of the baby but instead we asked for the sonographer to write down what we were having in a sealed envelope.... It's been sat in our kitchen for just under a week and no one has cracked yet!

The baby is kicking lots, particularly as I'm going to sleep at night and mid afternoon. I can't wait to meet him or her. We thought we had at least one name sorted until my cousin named their newborn that name! It's not particularly common so well couldn't believe it!

I feel unwell with a flare pretty much all the time now and spending part of the day in bed dozing. Fortunately my first child is used to this and will climb in with me, cuddle up and now watches a film. This is a part of my parenting that doesn't sit well with my ideals. At other times I restrict viewing and I'd rather she didn't watch too much... But I have to weigh this up with my health, that I have no help with looking after her and our overall wellbeing as a family. She definitely doesn't complain at being allowed to watch something, I get some very much needed rest and our relationship stays positive.

At the moment I am not taking any medication other than paracetamol and codeine if I really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment